Sunday, May 3, 2009

I am sure you have all heard by now that I had a little accident Saturday. But I can tell you my side of the story at least so here it goes..... I slept in Saturday morning and Mom and Michele called to see if they were needed right away or if they could go get Michele a hair cut. So I told them we were all fine for a while. I was still in bed, the kids were in watching t.v. and Troy was around the house doing I am not sure what. About five minutes later Troy came in and asked me if I wanted something for breakfast. He brought me in a yogurt and I laid in bed and ate it. Then a few more minutes later I decided to get up and go see the kids in the family room. So I sat up and grabbed my trust old walker and off I went down the hall to say good morning to everyone. It was about 9:30 by now. I sat in a very comfortable kitchen chair that we borrowed from Great Grandpa and Grandma Merrill. I sat there for probable 15 min then decided I was going to get in the shower. I called for Troy and off we went back down the hall and he set up the bathroom for me to take a shower. Towel on the floor so I wouldn't slip and one hanging up for me to dry off with. Then he started the water. I got in and washed my hair and then my face. Then my ears started to ring and I knew from experience that was not a good sign so I sat down on the bench in the shower and called for Troy to come in. He came in and started to talk to me and I just told him I was going to pass out and I wanted to get on the bed. So he started to help me out of the shower and I just got weaker and weaker, so then we went to the floor. I don't recall much of what happened in between that point and actually getting on the bed but I do remember yelling at Troy to get me off the floor because I was sitting with my feet under my butt and it was hurting the muscles in my thighs really bad so he picked me up and then I woke up on the bed with a blanket over me and Troy on the phone with the 911 operator. Seconds after that an ambulance pulled up and I could hear the kids yelling,"its here, its here". The two EMTs came in and started taking my vital signs and then I got a nightgown put on me and carried to the gurney that was in my family room. Then they rolled me out to the ambulance and my neighbor poked her head in and asked if we were all right and then started talking to mom. We went to the hospital and were checked in at about 10:30 am and didn't leave until about
5:00 pm. It was a very long day but they did take x-rays of my back and my surgeon came in and looked at them and said nothing looked out of place. So that was good news. They also drew blood and found I am very anemic and have very low blood pressure. The combination of those two things and the warm water is what made me pass out. I am doing fine now and am taking it very easy. My right leg has some muscle pain in it from the position I went down on it when I passed out. But other than that I am doing good. My two moms and making sure I don't move a muscle without assistance and I have also received a few threats of butt kicking if I do anything to injure myself again. So with that all said(if you got this far) I am on the road to recovery and will take it a little more easy from now on.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Good, you should take it a little more easy from now on. One year will go by so fast. Let your husband and kids serve you, you have served them for lots of years. After you feel better you can go back to serving them for lots more years. Love you! Tracy

Teresa said...

I am so glad everything was OK!! That was a bad scare. Plase let everyone take care of you and you will get better faster. We are praying for you always and hoping for the best! Wish we were closer! Love Ya, Teresa