Well we made it back home. We went to DCFS at 10:30 a.m. and had a meeting with the case worker, investigator and her supervisor, nurse, medicaid specialist and a licensing specialist. Mom was there also with Troy and me. We went over options for Alexis and her parents and tried to discuss what has happened and what will happen both if Matt and Deanne straighten up and if they don't. I am not so sure they have been that impressed with Matt's efforts so far. He was invited to the meeting but didn't come. He was supposed to contact DCFS as soon as he got out of jail and didn't until yesterday. He is also supposed to be drug testing twice a week and hasn't started that yet either. I was also told he currently hasn't checked in with AP&P and because of that he now has a warrant out for his arrest.
There is a court date on Tuesday the 27th that he needs to attend but I don't know if he will because if he does show up he will most likely be arrested and go to jail again.
Deanne has been sentenced for 5 months but because of over crowding she could be released at any time. She still has convictions that she hasn't been sentenced for so it may be longer than that.
We were also told they both have 8 months from the date Alexis was taken away to show reasonable effort in the requirements set by DCFS or she will be adopted out. Even if they are in jail the whole time the clock is still ticking.
Some requirement are: Stable housing, steady income, drug free, some kind of rehab for drugs and possibly domestic violence.
These will be set in stone on Tuesday the 27th.
4 days ago
3 comments:
You are a saint!!! You have gone through a lot and I am grateful you were able to take Alexis. I haven't heard about Matt but I know I would do what ever it took to get my daughter back!! She is lucky to have you all! I'm glad Sarah is so excited. That will be fun for her to have a little girl to play with. Keep us posted. Love ya!! Teresa
I am so glad Alexis is with you and your family, she is such a wonderful, sweet little girl. We all love her so much and want the best for her, whatever that may be! Thank you for keeping us posted!
I'm glad you made it home safely. I thought they said they would have a year to show reasonable effort before she would be adopted out. I still think Matt can do it if he put his heart into it. Please let us know if you need anything. Love you all!
Post a Comment