Thursday, April 29, 2010

Well court came and went. It was Tuesday the 27th. I guess not much happened because Matthew didn't go. I was rather surprised to hear that because they drove home so far to get him there. I am not really sure what is going through his head at this point. Mom said he "isn't going to play their game" but I don't know if he understands the consequences of not complying to what they are asking him to do. There will be another court date on May 10th and at that point they will make some major decisions for Alexis' future if he doesn't show up again. They told mom and Dad on Tuesday if he didn't show up he would loose his rights to Alexis and she would be placed up for adoption. Sadness....I just don't know what to think.

On a happier note we are all doing great! Our garden is in full swing and we have been able to harvest our radishes. The kids were so excited they just popped them in their mouths and ate them up. :) We will soon have tomatoes, peas and cauliflower to eat to! I have a cucumber and a green bean plant that just sprouted. Sarah said the green bean plant looks like Shreck because it has horns like him. Kinda funny. :)

Alexis is doing great. She is one amazing little girl! We love her so much. She has brought a special spirit to our home. It is amazing! Her belly is always poking out because she eats so much! Yesterday after dinner she held her shirt up and was rubbing her belly. It was so funny. She was looking at it like...hum this is weird why is my stomach poking out so far?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

She sounds like Winnie the Pooh, a rumbling in her tumbly. Your garden sounds wonderful! It's snowing here again today so thoughts of planting anything are pretty far off. Have a happy day!

Me.shell said...

Ohhhh just the thought of all those fresh veggies is making my tummy rummbly lol. You and your family are in my constant prayers, I am so glad Alexis is happy, healthy and growing in a loving environment she deserves it! Love you!

Teresa said...

I am sad that Matt doesn't seem to take this seriously. I hope he doesn't loose her! I'm glad she is OK for now. I'm wooried about the future though. I also wish my garden was growing. Just the tulips and a few herbs for now. Love ya!!!