Saturday, April 18, 2009

Well I survived surgery and I am doing better. The first few days at the hospital were some of the worst days of my life! No kidding!! I was so sick and every time I got up to use the bathroom I either passed out or felt like I was going to pass out. I had at least three nurses to help me up and down and pretty much wait on me hand and foot. I couldn't do anything. Including wiping my own butt!!! Nothing is sacred anymore!!! It was good to be home but I have less help. Lynda has been my savior the last few days! She has seen and done it all. Except the butt wiping thing I can do that all by myself! It was quit the accomplishment! It is amazing how many things you take for granite that you can do on a daily basis until you cant do them any more. The journey has just started and I feel that it will be a long road ahead. But with my family to help and my faith that I will get better everything will work out just fine. I send my love to everyone and thank you for all your prayers and telling me you love me over the phone! It really lifts my spirits!!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sister, I am so glad those first few days are past!! They sound like they were terrible! We still think of you every day and include you in our prayers. Hopefully the worst is behind and you can return to full health. I love you!!! Have a great day. Teresa

Tracy said...

Please tell Lynda that she is wonderful!! You are very blessed to have her there for you. She is an angel I think. Tracy