Thursday, April 23, 2009

O.K first of all cat scans are not my friends any more. I got to the hospital at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until 4:30 p.m. I am so not kidding!!! It has been a very long day. It was painful to get the contrast dye injected into my spinal fluid and then I had to wait 1 hour until I could actually get in to do the cat scan so the dye could get down through the entire length of my legs. I was crying so hard I could barely catch my breath. Not to be graphic or anything but that is the truth. It flipping hurt!!!!! I am doing much better now. I have to drink a lot of fluids to flush to dye out. I have to sleep on the couch tonight because the dye is still in my veins and spine and it will be very bad if it gets to my brain. It has a slight risk of causing seizures. So I have to sleep with my head elevated at at least a 30* angel. I will be so glad when all of this is over and I can just move on with my life. I am getting so bored just sitting around or laying down. I have had a lot of time to think about what I do want to do when I am feeling better and going to school is one of my goals. I have been considering several career paths. But need to do a lot more research before I decide on anything. Here are a few of my thoughts....pharmacy tech, phlebotomist, paralegal, web page design, announcement design like wedding, baptism or baby births etc..., and medical billing and coding. Just to name a few. I want something that doesn't require a ton of school but will pay fairly good in the end and is enjoyable to do. If there is such a thing I am going to find it!!! Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I am glad that you are done with that and hope you get better soon.

Guess what! A stray cat adopted our house and had kittens today! they are so cute!

Katie

Liz said...

o my gosh!!! That is so cool!!!!

Teresa said...

I am glad your doing better!! I was just cringing thinking about you having to have that test again! It sounds like you have a lot of career paths to think through. I have decided that I am a career homemaker and I am going to be the best one ever! I love to garden, care for my home, cook and take care of my kids and animals ( which aren't too diferent some days!) Have a great day! I LOVE you Sister!!

Butterfly Kisses said...

Ah man! That does not sound like fun at all! I'm so sorry Liz! If you need to, send the kids up this way for a week or so. I'd be glad to help out in whatever way I can! Hope you feel better soon! Love ya tonz!