So the power went out the other day and it reminded me of when I was little and our power went out. I remember it happening a lot. I also remember sitting around candles or a flashlight and telling stories. I remember it feeling like we were camping and how bummered I was when it did come back on. I like to think about how the pioneers lived without power and had to tuck there kids in by the light of a candle. I love camping and rustic life. Hiking, cooking food on the fire and bandannas on your head so your hair doesn't look to ugly! That is some of my favorite childhood memories. Camping on the beach at Lake Powell is my favorite...Definitely!!!! Thank you Heavenly Father for no power sometimes. I probably would not have spent the evening talking to my kids, telling them stories and singing song with them if the lights were on. Enjoy the simple things in life.
It is much more better!!!!

2 comments:
I love black outs!!!! They end up being the best time ever, I remember one night when my kids were little we faked a black out just to calm them down lol we ended up with blankets and a stack of books around the candles, you just can't beat the time spent in a black out. awwwww the simple life!
I'm glad your power outage went better then mine. Next time I will try to enjoy it a little more.
Post a Comment